Goyushov Altay Rashid oglu
Scientific degree: Candidate science of History, assistant professor of the Department of “The History of Turkish and Caucasian Nations”
Tel:(+994 12) 439 08 56
The brief biographic information
- Goyushov Altay Rashid oglu was born in 1965 in Baku.
- From 1982 to 1989 he was a full-time student of the Faculty of History at Azerbaijan State Pedagogical University (former Azerbaijan State Pedagogical Institute named after V.I. Lenin).
- From 1984 to 1986 he served in the Soviet Army. From 1989 up to date he works in the Faculty of History.
- In 1998-2003 he was a candidate for a degree in the Department of “The history of Turkish and Caucasian Nations” at BSU.
- From 2001 to 2004 he was a scientific consultant of Christine Xanner (doctor of Boxum University (Germany)).
- At the same time he was the head of research group of the Institute of Oriental Studies of Boxum University in Azerbaijan (“History of Islam Education in USSR and CIS” programme); from 2005 to 2007 he was one of the members of research group of the Center of Anatolian Studies of France in Azerbaijan.
- At the beginning of 2007 on French School of Social Sciences invitation he conducted lectures in Paris.
- In 2007-2008 he was selected from among other candidates by Fulbright programme of the Department of State and invited to Georgetown University in Washington.
- At the same time he conducted lectures at Princeton University and also at the Department of State.
- In 2008-2009 he was invited to Los Angeles University (UCLA) where he conducts lectures on “Azerbaijan language, Literature and History” and “The modern History of Turkish Nations”.
Education,Academic Degrees Obtained
- He graduated from the Faculty of History at Azerbaijan State Pedagogical University (1989).
- He defended his candidate’s on 1993 on the topic “Foundation and activity of the party Ittikhadi-Islam”.
- On 1994 he was confirmed as a candidate science of History.
- 1982 - 1989 - he was a full-time student of the Faculty of History at Azerbaijan State Pedagogical University (former Azerbaijan State Pedagogical Institute named after V.I. Lenin).
- 1984 - 1986 гг. - he served in the Soviet Army (in Georgia and Ukraine)
- 1986 - 1989 гг. - State Historical Museum – Palace of Shirvanshakhs
- 1989 - Up to date - he works in the Faculty of History.
- 1989 – 1994 - he worked as a laboratory assistant and per-hour teacher at the Department of “The history of Turkish and Caucasian nations”.
- 1995-1996 - he worked as a teacher at the Department of “The history of Turkish and Caucasian Nations”.
- 1996 - 2001 – senior lecturer at the Department of “The history of Turkish and Caucasian Nations”.
- Since 2001 - associate professor at the Department of “The history of Turkish and Caucasian Nations”.
- He conducts courses for bachelor and master students, courses on “The History of Turkish Nations” (modern period) and “The History of Turkey” for bachelor students of the Faculty of History; he also conducts courses on “The History of Turkish Nations” for bachelor students of the Faculty of International Relations, Faculty of Geography, Language and Literature Faculty.
- He was authored 4 syllabuses, 1 manual and 2 monographs.
- Redaction Committee Member of "Central Eurasian Reader"- A Biennial Journal of Critical Bibliography and Epistemology edited in English in Paris by an international team of collaborators, and published by the Oxiana Foundation. Fondation Transoxiane with the support of the CNRS and of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Editor Stephane Dudoignon.
Area of research
- He is doing research on the History of Turkish Nations (modern period);
- Modern period of the history of Turkish Nations and Nations of Northern Caucasus; social and political Islam; Islamic education
Participation in the international conferences, symposiums and seminars
- June 1989 - Teheran University (Iran Islamic Republic)
- June-July 2003 – member of the International Guest Programme of the Department of State (Georgetown University) and Georgia State University.
- May 2004 - Boxum University (Germany)
- May 2004 - Qalatasaray University (Turkey)
- November 2005 - School of Social Sciences (France)
- June 2006 - Fray University (Germany)
- February 2007 - School of Social Sciences (France
- March 2007 - French National Research Center (France)
- February 2008 - Georgetown University (USA)
- March 2008 - Princeton University (USA)
- Islam and Islamic Education in Soviet and Independent Azerbaijan // Islamic Education in Soviet Union and Successor States/ London, Routlege, 2009.
- Islamic Revival in Azerbaijan // Current Trends in Islamic Ideology. Volume 7. Hudson Institute (Washington), 2008.
- Dealership of the Caucasian Islamic Army in 1918 // Azerbaijan Democratic Republic and Caucasian Islamic Army. Baku, “Nurlar”, 2008
- Intellectuals of Azerbaijan and Islamic education before sovietize // Religion et politique dans le Caucase post-sovietique. Peris, Maisonneuve et Larose, 2007.
- Comparative analysis of some features of the liberation movement of highlanders of Northern Caucasus in first quarter of XX th century. // Baku State University News, 2006, №3.
- Some features of political life of highlanders of Northern Caucasus in the beginning of XXth century. // “History and its problems”, 2005, №4, р.32-47.
- The History of Turkish Nations (from ancient period till modern period). Common programme for the Faculty of History. Baku, 2004. (co-author)
- National liberation movement of Turkish-Muslim Nations in the period from subversion of monarchy in Russia to formation USSR. Baku, 2002. Methodical manual.
- Ittihad (Consolidation) in Azerbaijan. Baku, Irshad, 1997.
- Liberation movement of highlanders of Northern Caucasus in 1917-1920. Baku, Araz, 2000.
State and International programs and grants
- 2001-2004 - International Research Project “Islamic education in USSR and CIS”. Volkswagen Fond. Boxum University.
- 2003 - International Guest Programme of the Department of State.
- 2007-2008 - Fulbright programme of the Department of State
- 2008-2009 - Eurasian Fund’s Programme «Islam in Democratic Azerbaijan»